Tuesday, May 11, 2010

March 3, 2010

Hey,
Another good week in Rio Grande. The members are really nice, we have been feed a lot here. More than any other area I have been in. Hey, I forgot to tell you about when I first got to Puerto Rico from Antigua. So I flew over (All by myself, it is really scary) and I got to the airport and waited out on the curb for the moving elders to come get me. 3o inutes passed, 1 hour passed, so I figured they werent coming. So I decided to take a taxi to the guaynabo chapel where they hold transfer meetings ever tranfer. When I went to get into the taxi, I realized I didnt have my scriptures, which had my money in them. So then I had to go back into the airport and look for someone to help me. Finally I talked with a lady and she called some people and found out that my scriptures were still on the airplane. So then I had to wait an hour for them to get through customs and security and all that. I had to sit there, by myself with out a phone or a number to call for help (The next time I travel I am going to bring a number to call) When I finally got my scriptures I walked out of customs and I saw three missionaries standing there asking if anyone had seen a missionary walking around. So it all worked out, they finally remembered me. Sometimes things are a little crazy in the mission.
When I fisrt started driving it was a little crazy too. Sometimes I would be driving in a neighborhood and be driving on the left side of the road (Because thats where they drive in Antigua) and then a car will come down the road and I would have to get back to the right. But dont worry that has already passed, I am good now.
I have heard a little bit about Jorge Alvarado. He is from Puerto Rico, and I heard that he is nice. That is it.
That is fine if you want to go in the summer. No worries. The islands are still going to be here, they arent going anywhere.
Well got to get going, but I love you very much. Stay classy.



Love Elder Hardy

No comments: