Tuesday, May 11, 2010

April 7, 2010

So I made the account, but it wouldnt let me sign in. But thank you for sending me the number, I am sure I will be able to get on next week. But just send it to this email again next week. And I think I will be getting the card today, because it is SUPER PDAY! That is where all the missionaries in Puerto Rico get together and we play sports all day, then President fires up the grill and cooks burgers, I am pretty excited. but I should be getting the mail from the office.
That is too bad that Jake broke his arm. Crazy kid. That picture is pretty cool though, he is going to want to hang on to that. I hope he is doing ok, tell him to not use his arm, and let it heal. that is the hardest part of getting hurt, not being able to do anything, and being forced to chill.
I Loved conference. Elder Uchtdorfs talk on patience was one of my favorites too. I can always be more patient. I also loved his talk on how we need to be the hands of Christ. It is great symbolism and is so true. The majority of the time God blesses other through us. And it is amazing to recognize that God is using us to bless others and be apart of that. I cant tell you how many times I have heard people call us angels because of some way God was able to us us to bless them. it is a good feeling.I will write a letter with more stuff I learned from conference.
WOW! I cant believe Nick is getting married. So many of my friends have gotten married, I feel so old now. Well Easter in Puerto Rico is sweet, I love it here. Because it is not really the easter we know, it is more centered on Christ. They start celebrating on thursday till sunday. it is called the Holy week (Semana Santa) and all the church's are jammed pack those days. I didnt see anyone with candy eggs of anything, But they dont eat any meat on Friday, which comes from the Catholic church, they eat fish. but everyone does it out of tradition. We ate a lot of fish of fish on friday. WAY TOO MUCH! We were stuffed and starting to feel a little sick. They also eat this really good soup with it and arepas. Easter is not so commercialized here, it is nice, i can actaully focus on Christ for a holiday.
That is nice that Lesty and her kids went to visit you. I was thinking about them the other day, they really are a nice family. I was thinking that I need to stop by their house when i get back and spend some time with them, a long with the rest of our family in California.
Well I hope i dont get too sunburnt today like last year. I dont think so because I got a nice tan going right now. But i hope jake lets his arm heal, and that you guys are all safe and doing well.

No comments: