Tuesday, May 11, 2010

March 10, 2010

Another good week. Nothing too big, but nothing bad. We had an investigator named luis in church. He has been taught for a long time and wants to get baptized, but he has a trial to get taken care of. Someone accused him of doing something, so we have to wait till after the trial to see if he can get baptized. I did get you package, thank you so much! I wasnt greedy and shared with the district. We all loved them. And the tie is really nice, I love it. You guys really know how to pick ties.
That sounds good that Daniel wants to be independent and work, and also that he chose to try and have good roommates. That is too bad about lance, I hope everything woorks out and that he is ok, he will be in my prayers.
We were going to El Yunque today, but it has rained a lot here, so it is closed. It rained for 3 straight days. It is hard to work when it is raining. But at least we have a car, that is a huge blessing. So we are going next week to El Yunque. Last week we played a little basketball as a district at the church in Luquillo. Haha, and I caught a HUGE Iguana. It was sweet. I have a video and everything of catching it. I thought about eating it, but it looked pretty old and kind of gross. People in Antigua told me that Iguana meat is awesome. So the next one I catch I will definitely kill it and eat it. There are a lot of iguanas here. You dont see a lot of dead road kill like dogs or cats, but mostly iguanas, kind of cool.
Oh, I need a favor, can you send me your favorite cake recipe. We met this lady who makes cake for a living,a nd she wants a mexican recipe from Elder Galindo, and whatever us Americans make. She made us so much food the other day. At the end I almost threw up. But she also showed us how to make some really good carrot cake cinnamon roll things. I will send you the recipe. You should see the cakes she makes, she showed us some pictures and they are unreal! I have never seen cakes like them before. My favorite was this huge dragon. It didnt even look like a cake, but some kind of toy. And the cakes actaully taste good too. Every monday we are going to pass by and she is going to teach us how to make a cake. I cant remember what next week is, but the week after is cheesecake, I love cheesecake.
She is really cool, here mom is a member, she is married, here son ahs downsyndrome. So we are going to work with here.
Well thanks again for the package, you guys are awesome.


Love Elder Hardy

No comments: