Tuesday, May 11, 2010

March 23, 2010

Dear Family,
As usually everything is good. We had our investigator Michelle and her two young daughters in church. Dont know if I told you about michelle, but she is a reference from a member in Fajardo. The member was always talking to Michelles about the Church, and Michelle agreed to have us come over. She read a lot the first time we gave her the Book of Mormon. We gave her 2 nephi 31 to read. She read it, and also the introduction and witnesses, and also did some study on Baptisms for the dead and infant bapstisms, because the member talked about that. She loves the Book of Mormon, and says that she understands baptisms for the dead, and said that she feels bad that she baptized her daughter when they were babies. We reassured her that God isnt going to find fault in her for something she didnt know. She loved Church and said that she wants to come every week.
I got the CD, thank you som much, it is sweet! Haha, I am not going to lie, when I first saw it I thought it was a joke, some 14 year old girl with braces, but I love the songs, they are really good, especially in Spanish. I dont know if I am bias now, but I like listening to songs in Spanish more than English, they have more power to me.
Haha, that is really funny that you cant make it on your own dad. I was in the same boat when I started the mission. I had no idea, I made macaroni and cheese for the first month. Now I have an idea, and I make some pretty good rice.
I know what you mean about hiring people to do work, I learned that the other week. We tried to put in a door for a bedroom for one of our investigators, but we learned really quickly that it was a lot more work than we could handle. The frame and door had to be measured and cut to fit. We had to shave the door, and do all this work to get it to fit. We ended up having to drop it, because I was afraid we would screw up the door, we would have had to drill a hole in the door to put the door knob. Hiring people is the way to go.
Last week was really fun. It was really close to the beach where we were at, so we had a nice ocean breeze coming off, pushing us in our hammocks. I will have to take you guys there, it is a little hike in, so nobody is there. There are also some really good waves to surf, we would have the beach all to ourselves. We didnt bring any water with us, so we had to crack open coconuts caveman style on some rocks to get the water. It was a really fun day.
Hey I need a couple of things, I need you to send a medical insurance card. I have a couple of cavities I need to get taken care of. You can send it to the office, and I will get it in a week at transfers.Well off to El Morro and a fun day in Viejo San Juan, I am pretty excited. Have a great week, and take care. One Love.



Love Elder Hardy

No comments: