Tuesday, May 11, 2010

March 17, 2010

Buenos Dias,
It sounds like a lot of fun back home. I cant believe Jake painted the house. That kid knows better. Well I hope the paint comes out. Mom it sounds like you are doing a lot of traveling huh? That is fun. Hey do we get to fly for free as a family from nate, or we just get buddy passes. That would be sweet to just go and visit some of my converts over the weekend every now and then.
Yeah, I kind of just assumed that the saliva of Iguanas was nasty, but dont worry I am a trained professional when it comes to Iguanas. I just got to get me a machette here to kill them. I left my machettes with Elder Ralston before I went to Antigua. I did not know there were Boas here. That is good to know. But Boas dont really have poison do they? Either way I am not going to try and catch them, snakes dont interest me too much.
That is way cool that Nick is your home teacher. He is such a stud. That is way special that you get to see his new and bright tesimony. New members always have really awesome testimonies.
This week we are going to hike to a really beautiful spot in Luquillo. We are going to bring our hammocks and just kick it. Everyone says that it is super pretty, so I hope to get some nice pics. yes I do need to send my memory card. I have almost 400 picks that you havent seen. Some real nice ones too. But I want to wait after El yunque. Which wont be this week, or the next week (we are going to old San Juan, which has the cool castle), but the week after that. I actaully have a bunch of stuff to send you that I dont want to lug around. I picked up some cool stuff in Antigua.
Teaching is still slow. One of our strong investigators called us and told us that her husband doesnt want us to pass by anymore. It is always really hard. Especially when she erally wants to learn and come to church. But she said that she is going to let him cool down, and try and talk to him. So we are trying to do a lot of finding right now. What we mostly do for finding is first we have a list of scriptures in the book of Mormon. Starting from the Introduction and then it will say at the bottom of the page where the next marked scriptures is. It goes all the way through the Book of Mormon, hitting all the really important scriptures. We give the list to the members to mark, and then invite them to think about someone to give it to. We have gotten some good investigators through that. I need to send you guys the list. We also work in the area book, we search all the old investigators and then contact their neighbors after.
We had Zone conference yesterday, president Dewsnup is amazing. I love learning from him. He shared soemthing really cool about obedience. How Christ said that in the days of his second coming it would be like how it was in the days of Noah. Then we read how it was in the days of Noah. The righteous people willfully left the sons of God who hearkened (listened and Obeyed) and wen to the sons of man who didnt hearken. And how as missionaries we know exactly what we should be doing, but we choose not to hearken, and follow the sons of man. It hit really hard to me. I have never been that person that has been Anal. For example how at stake conference we shouldnt meet in groups of missionaries and talk, but we should talk to the members. Now I am going to be that annoying missionary who tries to brake up the group.
Well I love you all, got to get going. But thank you for the recipe, and I hope you guys have a nice relaxing week.


Love Elder Hardy

No comments: