Sunday, March 7, 2010

February 16, 2010

Well it is official, my time is up in Antigua. I am pretty bummed about it. I really love the members here, and we have some pretty solid investigators we are teaching right now. I will also miss the people here, they are so friendly and willing to talk to us. Maybe not about the church for too long, but you can just go up to anyone and start talking to them and within 5 minutes it is like you have been best friends for years. I will be serving in Puerto Rico again, in a town called Rio Grande. I heard that it is a lot of country, so that will be good. The people in the country are so much nicer than in the city. And I am excited about my companion, Elder Galindo. he is from Mexico. We were in the same district when I was in Arroyo. He is a very nice guy, and pretty funny. Doesn't speak a lick of English, so I will be getting back into Spanish pretty fast.
I will also miss Elder Bailey. He is really nice and funny. He is a little shy, but I feel I was able to help him a lot with that. Last night we taught two investigators over at a members house, and that member invited a bunch of other members. There was 12 of us there, and Elder Bailey was not timid at all. He probably talked more than me.
It was a really long lesson, since all the members wanted to share their testimonies and conversion stories. the spirit was really strong there. And then after the lesson we had some really good Roti and chicken Curry. Wow, that is some food I am going to miss bad boy. Then we took some pictures, haha, we got home WAY TOO late.
I have been getting spoiled as late, we got fed huge meals last week. One of them was a member surprise birthday party. It was really good, the Tiwaris always invite the missionaries to their birthday parties so we can talk to their friends about the Gospel. And the food was amazing! Sister Tiwari made a huge feast. Fried Chicken, Chicken wings, potato salad, Goat Curry and Roti. There was way too much food. That was the first time I have had Goat. It was actually really good. It is like roast beef with bones. The only problem was that it made me feel kind of sick, I just kept burping, and the burps tasted really nasty. I ate so much food that night, it was probably the most I have ever eaten, I wasnt even hungry the next morning, didnt even think about eating breakfast.
Well I love you all very much, I will probably be finishing out my mission in Puerto Rico now, it is good, I was just hoping for one more transfer here.


Love Elder Hardy

No comments: