Sunday, August 30, 2009

July 29, 2009

Fam,
Hey sorry for not emailing last week. We went golfing in the morning, and got trapped in some crazy storm, the puerto ricans called it a honda (not sure on the spelling) But we were on hole 8 and i thought a hurricane hit. There were so many branches and leaves flying around. So we had to go kick it in the club house. It ended up taking a little longer than expected, plus we had to go pick up our greenies from the office, which is a hour and a half away. So that is why I couldt write last week. I am very sorry, I hope I didnt cause any stress. But yes I am safe and healthy, so dont worry.
Well Elder Large is in Las Piedras, I am going to miss him. We were pretty good buddies. After the mission I am sure we will hangout. But now I am a happy Father. Whenever you train you are a father, and the greenie is your son. So my father in the mission is Elder Contreras. But my sons name is Elder Ralston. He is so funny. I love him! He is really excited to be out here, and to be a missionary. I am really excited because I just cant deal with Elders who complain or dont want to be here. I jsut dont understand why they are here. But Elder Ralston is Awesome! he is from Virginia, he is 6 ft 4 in, so i look like a dwarf. he is really skinny. I weigh 185, and I weigh more than him. He is always doing something energetic. I LOVE HIM! I really do feel like a father, because greenies really dont know anything. I feel like I have to protect him, and just teach him everything about the mission. I am really happy to be training.
Oh so Elder Losee and Elder walker both stayed here too, they are both from my group, so that is cool. And they are both training too. Today we are going to play a little basketball, Greenies vs. Trainers. We are going to get slaughtered, because my son is 6 ft 4, and the greenie in Guayama is 6ft 6in, had a scholarship to duke as a jr, but then got in a car accident. He had a vertical of 41 inches! Can you believe that. He could put his elbow in the rim. So it is going to be a little rough, but i got faith. As Coach shaw would say, "its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
Yes God is looking out for us, I cant remember if I told you story of the Elevator in Guaynabo, but I will tell you next week, its a descent story.
Of course I remember sister leonard, I forgot her name, but I just thought of her yesterday, because someone said something about "The Indian in the cuboard", and I loved that movie. And sister leonard took me to go see it. She was the nicest lady in the world!
Yes we have had family nights with the Sanchez-Comacho family. They are the cutest family ever. Their daughters say the cutest stuff. Like the 8 year old, Edelys, last family night at the end of the lesson, busted out her Bible for little kids, and was jsut like i have a story, and told us about how Jesus was baptized by his cousin John the Baptist, just like how her family was baptized. And then the 7 year old, Ninoshka, she is always trying to play games with me. At church she alsways taps my shoulder and runs away. And she always gives me these dirty looks. IT CRACKS ME UP! this little 7 year old is slways giving me the stink eye. She has so much attitude. I took a picture, so you can see her stink eye.

Dad i will answer your question about callings next week, i dont have too much time, because i read your letters from last week too. But as far as new investigators, we have a couple of good prospects. No one too serious. We are starting to teach some guy who I thought was a member. His wife and kids are members, but he hasnt been baptized because he cant stop drinking. So we are going to really start working with him. He goes to church every sunday, so we are going to really start teaching him, and let him drop the booze through the power of the spirit, or as I like to say, spiritually pistol whip him.
Well thank you for everything. keep being awesome!



Love your son Elder Hardy

No comments: