Sunday, August 30, 2009

August 12, 2009

Dear Family,
That is really cool that you are having the new converts over for FHE. You are really doing your part to strengthen their testimonies, and really strengthening the ward, because they are going to bring some really strong testimonies to the ward. Well here goes my shout out:
Hey this is Elder Hardy from Puerto Rico. That is so awesome that you have taken this life changing decision, to strengthen your faith in Jesus Christ, and to know that he really does live. This is his Church, and he really is the head of the Church. He has a living prophet today because he loves us, and he really wants to guide and bless us in this world. I can only imagine the blessings you are receiving from putting your faith in Christ and his restored Church. I have seen the blessings in many peoples lifes, it is amazing to see how much the lord really does care for his sheep. Don't ever forget the first time you knew that this church was true. Dont ever forget when God spoke to your heart telling you that these things are true. When hard times come, and we have trials, we just need to remember that very first time we received an answer about this church. When we remember that experience, there is no trial that is too hard, there is nothing that can stop our faith, because we can not deny that God really did answer our prayers, and that this really is his Church. I know with all of my heart that God lives, He literally is our father, and that he loves us. Keep growing your faith, and putting your trust in the Lord. God is Happy with your decisions to join the Church. Elder Hardy
Well I hope that shout out is ok. This week was pretty crazy. There is a member that I am pretty good buddies with, his name is Alexis. he is 23 and always comes teaching with us, and comes and hangs out with us on P days; right now he is preparing to go on a mission, but because of medical stuff it has been hard. the other day he called us, and just, "Come to house." So we got over there and he stumbled out and just signaled with his hands to give him a blessing. He could barely tell us his full name, and was really struggling to breathe. After the blessing he had tears in his eyes, and gave us hugs. After a minute he wasn't struggling as much to breathe, and he could kind of talk. He said that he had a lot of pain in his lungs. so we took him over to the Hospital to get him checked out. I was really scared when we got over there, and he couldnt even talk. But it was amazing to see the power of a priesthood blessing. Not a minute after and he was able to talk, and tell us what was wrong so that we could take him to the hospital. It was a big testimony to me, that the priesthood really is here on the earth, and that God really does Love us, and wants to bless us.
I'm pretty worried about another member though. We have become pretty good friends with him, his name is Edwin, but its not the Edwin that we baptized. this Edwin has been Inactive for a while, but has recently been coming back. We are also probably going to baptized his daughters boyfriend, he has a lot of interest, and came to church last week. But we went over to give Edwin a blessing last week before he went into the doctors, because he has been having some problems. He came over to our house the other day, and said that they arent sure what it is, maybe a tumor or cancer. he said that he's not sure if he is going to live, he doednt know if his heart can take it because he has had problems in the past. It was a big awakening to me, of who I really am. He didnt even tell his wife because he didnt want to worry her until they know for sure. And he chose us to come talk to, to get comfort. I still feel like I am just that teenager I was when I left. But out here I am a representative of the Lord. It was just an eye opener to me, I am expected to know all the answers, and to be prepared at all times to serve and help Gods children.
Our week was pretty good. We found some pretty cool people. a cute little family, the father is really interested. So I am pretty excited about them. We also got that members boyfriend, Alvin.
Haha, I dont know why Briley would say dada if she wanted to play. Haha, actually that comes as no surpise, i am sure Nate is an awesome father.
hey also, can you send me when everyones birthdays are, because I have a horrible memory. I would ahve liked to send daniel a card, but i will send it this week. Well i love you all very much.



Love Elder Hardy

No comments: