Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 15, 2009

Dear Family,
I loved your conversion story mom, and dad I really liked hearing a little about your mission. I was kind of hoping to be able to be humbled by being in a poor country, but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe when I get shipped out to the Islands. Which everyone thinks will happen this transfer. But I really don't want to right now. Later on, I Love this area too much.
EDWIN, PATRICIA, AND ALEXANDER GOT BAPTIZED!!! I have never been so happy. I am thankful to be in a mission where we don't have ridiculous amounts of baptisms, because we really do appreciate the ones that we have. They are the coolest family ever! Before the baptism we had a dinner at the church. There was a lot of people at the church. And Patricia surprised me with a big birthday cake. I really was surprised. Then we had the program. Their two daughters sang "I am a child of God." It was really cool, because now this family will grow in the faith and Edwin and Patricia really can lead and guide those little girls, and become an eternal family. The baptisms went really well, everyone was all nervous with excitement. Patricia told us the next day that when she left the water she really had been born again, because she was just floating on air, doing ditsy stuff all night. All the members said that was the best baptism they have ever been to. Luckily I looked over the confirmation ordinance on the way to church, because when I got there, Patricia asked me to confirm her.
On Monday night was awesome too. We had a family night over at their house. We shared some story from the Liahona about making visitors feel welcome at church, and the kids really loved it, plus it was mostly Edwin and Patricia teaching most of it. That really made me happy to see them all laughing together, learning about the Gospel, and preparing to enter into to the Temple. We also played the "Peep" game after and they loved that.
Thank you so much for the Birthday package. I love the Mindy Gledhill CD! That is my favorite CD ever. The other Girl was also really good, and it is cool that a couple of songs are in Spanish, I really like that. Those shirts are also really nice, how did you know i needed some shirts? They make me look really classy, and that is what it is all about right? All the cards made me laugh, because they were just decked with glitter, one i couldnt even read because it was all glitter.
I cant believe grammy moved out. She is so independent. You got to get me her address. That is really cool what Bishop said, I really do believe it too.
WOW Chacho! En verdad, 114!? Me imagino que puede cocinar un huevo en la calle. Y cuando empezaron tener Zichini? Eso es chevere.
Golfing was super fun! Yes, I lived up to the family name, but luckily everyone sucked too. Well I should be heading out, going to eat some more Lechon today in Guavate, tu sabe!



Love Elder Hardy

No comments: