Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 8, 2009

Life is nice and tranquilo over here. Nothing too new and exciting this past week. But you guys had a big week huh? Yea i miss going to Durango, those were some really good memories. Thanks for remembering me on your trips, and slways sending me postcards, I really do have a family that loves me.
Yes, I really do believe that the sand comes from the Sahara, because I was here and I saw it. I have heard that from a bunch of different people. So dad, don't be like Thomas and just believe without seeing.
Haha, no we are not going to suck the Ward budget dry. For our activities, the church really doesn't have money, so we give everyone assignments. I really like being in Puerto Rico, because the church is a little weaker, and it is cool to really be involved in the church, and helping everything run. If I was in the states, I wouldnt be focused on trying to find a new branch president, or finding new Elders quorum teachers. Bishop actually asks our opinion on a lot of stuff.
I might have to wait till next week to get the watch, vamos a ver, because WE ARE GOING GOLFING TODAY! Haha, over in Salinas, there is a course that is $22 for 9 holes, glubs, and a cart. So we are gonna go kill it on the course today. I am pretty excited. It has been a while since I have played golf on a real course, Desert Golf doesn't count.
It has started to heat up around here. It only rained a couple times in the past two weeks, and it was HOT. There hadn't been clouds for a while, and it was like 95 I heard. But now the storms are coming. I think it going to start raining a lot, so it should cool down a little bit every once in a while.
We have been having success with the inactive members. A family has come two weeks in a row. And this girl, has come the past three weeks, except she only had come for sacrament, but we talk to her last week, and she said that she was reading the scriptures, and wants to serve a mission. How sweet is that!
Edwin, Patricia, and Alexander are still doing really good. They got their baptismal cloths all picked out and cleaned. We gave them a couple ties as gifts, and they are just really excited. Patricia is really excited about being able to get married in the temple.
Hey quick favors, mom could you write me your conversion story, maybe any problems that you faced as you were preparing for baptism? And Dad could you try to write me some letters about your mission. I dont really remember much about your mission. If you could try to send me a letter every once in a while, with a story from your mission, or something you learned on your mission that would be great.
Hey well I love you much, you guys are the best, God knew what he was doing when he put me with you. Read your scriptures every day, and pray for missionary oportunities, and for the strength and knowledge to talk when God gives you the oportunity.



Love you all so much, Love Elder Hardy


p.s.- Here is a family night from me: Talk about the army of God. You can read a little bit about it in Ephesians 6: 10-18 i believe. Talk about how there is a war going on right now, but not physically, but spiritually, and we need to prepare ourselves before we go out to war. Also about some of the other things we can do to protect us. Then read in Alma 43:19 through 21, about how the people of God, prepared themselves with the armor of god against the wicked people. and how the wicked feared the People of God because of their Armor. Also how it was moroni who prepared them, their leader, and how it is the responsability of the parents to prepare their kids. Then read 3 Nephi 4:7-8, talk about how Satan has been fighting this war for a long time, and has learned, now he has his own armor, and other ways to tempt us in these days. But we need to do as the people did and have faith in God, that he can protect us. I dont have my scriptures here with me, so check the verses and everyything, i could be wrong. Alright but thank you, bye.

No comments: