Sunday, July 18, 2010

June 9, 2010

Me safe. I am doing really good. Last week I went on a tradeoff with my best bud in the mission Elder Losee, we were in the same district when I was in arroyo. It was really fun, he is in my district again here. He serves over in Vieques, a small island off the coast, but comes in every week for district meeting. So I took the ferry over there on thrusday morning. It was a really fun day. Last sunday we taught one of the sweetest lessons. The sunday before we talked to some kids that came to church with a member family from Culebra (Super small island off the coast). They are both 15, they would seriously be my best friends before the mission. I love the kids. But it was a great lesson, they have been coming to church on and off for almost a year. They really participated. At the end I asked them if they would read and pray to know if it was true, and Nicholas tells us, "yeah, I've gone to seminary for almost a year and a couple of times some verses would just hit me really hard, and I would feel the spirit so strong, I know it is true." Then the other one, Ray said, "I started reading the Book of Mormon a couple of weeks ago, and then I prayed to know which church is true and I jsut had this crazy tingly feeling about this church, I know its true. Haha, then Nicholas says, "I would get baptized right now, but I am just afraid to talk to my parents." So we talked a little bit about that and how he can talk to his parents. They are so golden it isnt funny. I wish I could find people like this every week. We are going to teach them every Sunday after church,and starting next week we are going to take the ferry over to Culebra once a week to teach them.
Haha, that is so funny about the super activity. Papa Bear is always doing crazy stuff that kills everyone. Like the time he told us not to bring water to Mount Graham and we almost died. it was fine while we were still on the mountain, there was a little stream to drink water, but once we got down they had piped the water and every was just complaining about thirst. Or the time he told us not to bring a jacket when we did some stake campout in the mountains and every froze. Me and Zack dees still talk about those times, funny stuff.
I hope you have a great Fathers Day, I will be thinking about you. Have a great week.


Elder Hardy

No comments: