Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hey yall, This has been a really good week. We have had a lot of work, and a lot of success. But first to answer some of your questions I am not sure if Elder Polanco's family is active or not, I haven't really asked him. But he loves baseball, all Domincans love baseball. They have their own profesional league, and it is a big deal. I havent cooked the stuff you gave me to cook yet, I just havent had time. But I will cook it this week. Yea, maybe stuff in the next package could be a little easier to eat. "How do I get that goodness in me?" But actually I have been learning how to cook from Elder Polanco. Dominican food is so good! A little rice and beans with spices and what not, some pork or beef. I can even make empanadas. But every day we switch off cooking, and it is like we are eating at a restaraunt every day, I LOVE IT! I haven't spoken in church yet, but I probably will soon. Im not sure how long I will be in this area. There isnt really a normal, it just all depends. Elder Polanco was in his last area for 6 months. And Elder Contreras has been in a new area pretty much every transfer. I will send my memory card this week, so yall can get some new pictures. I got some pretty sweet pictures, so you will love it. And no I havent been using the suncreen or bug repelent. There arent really that many mosquitos in the city. Im sure once I get out into the campo I will use it all the time. My watch broke in the bike accident, so I had to buy a new one. I go crazy if I dont know the time now. But I just bought a cheap one from walgreens for 20 bucks. I am pretty excited about it. It is gold, and I will probably get jumped for wearing it, but all is well. Well I guess I have grown accustomed to the humidity, because I dont even notice it any more. We have to hang our clothes up to dry, so my cloths are always super wrinkled, but when I hung my pants up for a couple of days, the humidity just took the wrinkle out. Yea it is humid here. That is cool Lance went through the temple. And I can only imagine him and his dad talking about whatever they want. But I know lance will be a good missionary, he knows how to work. Well I am pretty proud of myself, I cut Elder Polancos hair today. And you arent a real barber until you've cut a black man's hair. They are very picky, but he trusted me. It has gottan a little colder here. I have officially worn my sweater 2 times since I have been here. I guess this is winter. Well I feel like I have justt been living the pride cycle on the mission. Sometimes I need to be humbled, and sometime I prosper. This week we have been prospering. We have 10 new investigators, and should be getting a lot of dates set this week. One of them is Francisco, and he is a stud. He is humble, and is really interested in the Book of Mormon. We have a conditional with him right now, but we will set a date in the next cita. We taught a really cool lady named Merci. She is all hardcore into the bible, and goes to a bible class a couple times a week. But she was super excited to hear our message, and was writing down every scripture, and asked a lot of questions and everything. And when we watched a clip of Thomas S. Monson bearing his testimony on the Book of Mormon she started crying. So we have another appointment with her tonight, and i am just praying we can set a date. We started teaching these two sisters, and iInever thought that they would want to hear about Christ. One is 20 and the other is 18, they both have nose and lip piercings, and the first time we contacted them, they were justt standing there smoking and staring at us. I didnt think they would actually be there at the appointment. But The younger one, Grecha, said she would be baptized, and the older one, Maria, said she is going to pray about it. I am not going to lie, i definitely have my doubts on the both of them. I think it is going to be a process. We still ahve to teach them about the word of wisdom and law of chastity. We also have a conditional with a lady named Luz, she said that she really likes to drink, so it will be a little rough. We have a conditional with this really cool couple that we taught yesterday. Their names are Juan and Jessica, and they have two young children. And we also have an investigator that really wants to get baptized, he jsut needs to talk to his girlfriend and set a date to get married first. I am not sure if I have talked about him before, but his name is Thomas, and he is an example of angels preparing the hearts of the children of men. He was reading and knew that the Book of Mormon was true, and believed in Jospeh Smith before he had talked to missionaries. That is just incredible. The Lord is preparing the people, we jsut need to find them. Well I think that is all, I love you all so much, and I look forward to hearing your emails next week. Love Elder Hardy

No comments: