Sunday, March 15, 2009

February 11, 2009

Hey! Everything is great. My new companion is Elder Polanco. He is from the Domincan Republic, and he speaks zero English. It is good, because I spoke too much English with Elder Contreras. Elder Polanco is a stud! I really like him. He is very tranquilo, and relaxed, but we still have a lot of fun in the day. He also is a very good teacher, and I love teaching duscussions with him, he knows whats up. I dont know if Sister Martineau called last week, but me and Elder Conreras ate dinner over at their house. They live in our area, and invited us over for dinner. It was great to see them, and talk about ol' Gilbert. They are a really cool family. They have a neighboor who might be interested in the church. So we are going to try to start teaching their neighbors with them. So that will be awesome, I am so excited. It is such a small world! We had a bapstismal date for the 14 of feb with Alvaro, but then the next day he said hes not ready. So we have been working with him. Im pretty sure tithing, and the word of wisdom are scaring him. But tomorrow we are going to go teach him with the stake president, President Page. He is a stud. He is a gringo, but he met Alvaro at conference and wants to go teach him with us, so that will be sweet! Miguel did not stay sober, so I am pretty bummed. I dont know what I can do. I just want to go to his house and throw all of his beer away, and tell him how it is. We are making progress though. We have a lot of new investigators because we ahve been tracting a lot. One of them is named Jose. He is 26, 6ft 5in, and is probably about 250. He is ripped! When he asnwered the door with no shirt on, and two full sleeves of tattoos, I just wanted to run away. When he invited us in, I didnt know if I would ever see you guys again. But he is a really nice guy. We have taught him a couple of times, and he seems pretty interested. I just dont know what we are going to do if he wants to be baptized, it might take 2 people to baptize him. We have found a lot og people who are interested, and we should start seeing the success. We have been working really hard. Im going to say that we walk around 10 miles a day, more or less. So it is not too bad. My shoes are starting to wear a little bit though, so we will see how long they last. Bugs, Puerto rico has really big cockroaches, mesquitos, and a lot of ants. I have also seen a lot of really cool catapillar things. Except they have this long stinger that will make your arm go numb. You will see one when I send my memory card. I also got a pretty sweet picture of a dead iguana on the sidewalk. haha, and also we found an iguana tail in the ride, and when we kicked it, it would still squirm, and wip around. Except i didnt ahve amy camera, so i was pretty bummed, I know mom would ahve wanted to see that. Well i hope you Sent the package to the mission office, because the address i gave nate and kindy isnt all the way correct. And i haven't got my memory card yet, im hoping it is in that valentines package. Well thank you so much for everything you do. Thank you for being amazing examples in my life. I love you so much. The Church is true. We have a prophet on the earth, who receives guidance for us. I know that Thomas S Monson is a prophet. I know that we have prophets because god loves us, and he wants us to return to him. Everything just makes sense when we remember that god loves us. Because if we know that, then we are going to know that he is going to do everything he can for us to know what to do to return with him, and have eternal life. I know that there is more than this life on earth. This is just the begginning. If we remember these things, then we know we have a purpose in life. And we will have so much more happiness. Because I have never been so happy than i am right now, because I understand our purpose better than I ever have before. This life is not the end. We are going to live with god once again. This knowledge brings hope, and so much joy to me. If we jsut remember these things, everything makes sense. Well i love you all so much, remember why we are here, and who makes it possible for us to clean of our sins. Love Elder Hardy

No comments: