Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 21, 2009





















Hey yall! Everything sounds pretty exciting. Mom don't worry about Elder Contreras calling me crazy. I haven't done anything crazy, yet. So for now, I am very safe. Our area is pretty safe too. It is the nicer part of Puerto Rico I am told. We have a lot of houses in our area. And there a real lot of tall apartment buildings, like 20 stories high. And then also there are malls, and normal freeways. It pretty much reminds me of California. Except for all the crazy tropical plants, they remind me of Hawaii, except Hawaii doesnt have giant iguanas running around in the streets. And they are huge too. They don't have any predators, so they just eat and become HUGE. We also have a little campo (country) in our area too. It is so crazy, just pure jungle. I will try to take some pictures for you. but I guess my area and a couple other citiess are the only ones in Puerto Rico, the rest of it is jungle. Last week we had an activity where we watched testaments and had refreshments, and the ward was supposed to show up and bring a friend. Well there was about 10 members there, and none of them brought a friend. We had 6 of our investigators come, so that was really awesome. but I just wish our ward would do their part too. It is so much easier and more effective when members do their part. Ok, our ward is descent on Sundays and our bishop is really cool. He is a gringo, from Mesa, Arizona, Bishop Walker. he went to Mesa high, and his sister graduated from highland a couple years before me. The world is so small!!! But he is a stud, he just got called, and he is helping out the ward so much. Our church building is different than in the states (50 states), it doesnt have air conditioning, but no building here does. Every where just had fans, but it really doesn't feel bad. Oh yea, I also need to write JoyLynn, Iwill get on that this week. Really I have been slacking at writing everyone, but everything is awesome, thank you for everything, I love you all so much. You are such a strength to me. Love Elder Hardy

No comments: