Sunday, January 4, 2009

December 23, 2008

Dear Family,

Just writing a quick letter to you all. Everything is well, and I am doing great here in Puerto Rico. My mission president and his wife have really made it easier to be away from home this first Christmas. I hhave really been spoiled, and I feel very welcomed and loved here. My comapnion is awesome. Elder Contreras has a lot of energy, and I am really excited to start teaching the people of Puerto Rico with him. I know that this is the most important work in the world. This is the work of the Lord, and he is counting on us missionaries to bring his Gospel to the people. In the MTC that really made me nervous. The Lord is entrusting me with the eternal salvation of his chilfen. I really asked myself if I am ready to do this work, and I know that if I have faith and humble myself before the Lord, then he will bless me and turn me into a useful and strong tool of the Lord. The mission has been great so far, I have loved every minute of it. My goal is to not waste a minute for these next two years, because this is the most important work on the Earth. I know that Christ is my redeemer, and without the atonement, I would not have happiness. I want to thank you, mom and dad, for accepting the gospel and for being such good role models to me. I love you all so very much and I miss you. Remember the Lord always and you will have true happiness. This is so very true. I can't emphasize that enough, he loves us so much, and is just waiting to give us blessings. This Church is true, and Christ lives.

No comments: