Sunday, January 18, 2009

January 14, 2009











This was a great week. I feel like my spanish has gotten better, and that I have more confidence. Well Luz and Abel said that they have too much going on in their lives so they said not right now. So I was pretty bummed, but that is their decision. And I am a little worried about Franklin, because I dont now how interested he is anymore, but we are going to go teach him tommorrow, so we'll get this cleared up. We taught a really good lesson with Alvaro and his family the other night. We asked him to be baptized the 21 of January, but he said that he is not ready. So we answered some of his questions, and tried to give him a little confidence, but he still wasnt sure, so we told him to pray about it. So we will find out tonight. I have been praying so hard for him to receive an answer. He knows the book of Mormon is true, and that we have a prophet on this earth, but he just has tiny little doubts. Sometimes its frustrating, but at least it shows that he is taking this seriously, and wants to know for himself before he gets baptized. So I am just praying he receives an answer. Everything is going great with Elder Contreras. I wish you could have seen his face when we opened the package and he had his own candy bar with a note on it in Spanish. Haha, he was so happy. He told me to tell you Muchas Gracias. Thank you so much for the package, it is perfect! It came last Friday, but we weren't able to get it until yesterday because we have been busy. Oh yea, thats another thing, can you send it to the mission office, because I didnt know this but the post office is super far away, so we had to walk all the way down there to get it. But boy was it worth it. It came at the perfect time, because my food supply was pretty scarce. Thank you so much! And never be afraid to send another. Hey guess what food i like now, EGGS. isnt that crazy. But elder contreras makes the best eggs. Last night we started a new English class, and the coolest family showed up. They are so ready to hear the gospel. So we are really excited. We gave everyone pamphlets to read, one is in English and one is in Spanish. And yes they are the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlets. So hopefully we will have some good questions next week, and be able to start teaching some people. Well thanks for your letters, it was so good to get a letter in the week. And yes i just barely sent my memory card yesterday, so it should be coming in a couple of days. So enjoy. Well the church is true, it is so ridiculous how true the church is. We have met some people with some pretty crazy ideas about God. But, this is the church of God. I love you so much, thank you for your prayers. Love Elder Hardy

No comments: