Sunday, November 1, 2009

September 28, 2009

Hey!
Good afternoon. How are we doing this afternoon? Life is great, the mission in great. No where else I would rather be. And mom, if you are going to send something, I wont get it until November 9 when zone conference is. President brings all our stuff from the office. So if you send it now it will be waiting in the office for a month. So just send it November 1, that will still be plenty of time. Also if you want to start hunting around for some ugly polyester ties for Christmas, feel free to start looking. Uglier the better. Other than that I am pretty good. Dont worry about sending too much to me. Oh and I found a reasonable price on a memory card too. So I will just ship mine out in November to yall.
Well Odetta didnt come to church. We called here in the morning, and she said she was coming and never showed up. So we have to drop our date with her, and try to get her some desire before we start talking about baptism again. But we are teaching some really cool Dominican ladies. Dont know if I mentioned them the last week, but their names are Flor and Rosy, they are mother and daughter. But Rosy, the daughter, had been going to church for a while in the dominican republic before she came here a month ago. But they came to church, and have dates for the 18 of october. I am really excited for them. It was weird to translate in sacrament, I've never done that before. And then we taught their gospel priciples class out on the balcony. and then they went to relief society, Flor can understand a lot of English, but rosy speaks nothing.
Lately we have been teaching a lot of Dominicans. yesterday we pretty much spoke spanish the whole day. I feel like I was supposed to learn Spanish so that I could come here and teach all the dominicans and start up a spanish branch. God knows what he is doing.
That is really cool that Briley is walking. Are they showing her my picture and teaching her to say my name, so she will know who I am when i get back, and just scream my name all day. "Nate,Nate, Nate... Hi"
I can't believe Nick went and spoke infront of everyone, thats gotta take some guts. When is that kid going to be baptized already? Hasnt he been emailing Chris and Carter. Oh yea, I do believe chris has been out 15 months, because I have been out for over 11. CRAZY!
Ok, yes I did pay my speeding ticker before I left Puerto Rico. It was sweet too, therer was a member working at the DMV, so she jsut pulled me over to a booth, looked at my ticket, and cut the price in half. That was very nice!
So I had a pretty crazy morning today. I had to renew my visa, so we woke up at 4:30, and we walked into town, we got in line at 5:15 and there was already 50 people in line. They dont mess around with that stuff. And the Office didnt even open until 9 o'clock!!! So we had to stand there for 4 hours in the sun until it opened. Then the immigration officers were trying to get everyone organized into lines, and the people werent taking any part of that. I thought there was going to be a riot. Everyone was pushing and shoving and trying to cut in line. So heres me, trapped inbetween 300 crazy black people, and they are all just yelling and pushing. All I could do was laugh. And I didnt even end up getting in, but at least I got a ticket with an appointment on it in 2 weeks. Somethings are just a little crazier down here. It was a good lesson of patience. I passed the first time, hopefully I can pass again in 2 weeks.
So last sunday we were eating at a members house, the roberts. They are a newly married couple, and he served a mission like 4 years ago in the west indies. So we are looking through his photo albums, listening to him talk about his mission, then bam! Jason Woody was in one of the pictures! I just started trpping. I had forgotten he had even served down here. So they thought that was funny that I was jsut freaking out. But yea, the world is very small. Jason used to be the AP in the west indies mission, so brother roberts was in a picture with him.
Hey, I dont think there would be a better way to celebrate chistmas than take a cruise. I think its a great idea! Haha, but is is all up to you. As long as we see Puerto Rico and Antigua, it dont matter to me.
Well I love you family, keep reading the scriptures! That is our guidance that God has given to us. We are reading the same words that our ancestors had in ancient Jerusalem and the Americas. Peace, Love, and Guidance.



Love Elder Hardy

No comments: