Sunday, November 1, 2009

October 7, 2009

How ya mean?
You dont understand what wah ah gon mean. Tall! Ya crazy mon! Haha, no you will not find a meaning for it in any spanish translation. That is dialect. The people speak dialect, not really English. But it means whats going on. So how is my family doing? I hope yall enjoyed conference. I loved it. I liked Saturday a lot more than Sunday, but it was all good. It was all very simple, and every one talked about the love of God or who God is. Elder Bednar was one of my favorite talks too. Every FHE is a paint stroke. I also loved Elder Holland. "No evil man would write the Book of Mormon, and no good man would say he received it from God if he didnt."
President Dewsnup flew in last night to do some interviews. It isnt very often that he comes here, so he has a lot of interviews to do. But this morning he met with Flor and Rosy to meet them. And he didnt exactly tell us, but he said that Rosy seems ready, but Flor might take some time. They have to take care of some things first. So im pretty sure that Rossy will be baptized the 18. Later today president is coming over to our apartment to do an inspection and talk with us. We have taking a couple of dinner breaks to clean the apartment this week. It looks pretty good, but I hope it is good enough for them. he was a General in the army you know. But yes it is an apartment. It is really just a big house, but it has four different apartments. They dont make apartment buildings like how we are used too. But it is very nice. We have a nice open area in the front with the kitchen and a couch. Then in the back is our room and bathroom. You will see when I send you my memory card with the old apartment tour. We live about 15 mintues of walking from the Harbor, thats where all the cruise ships come in, but I dont know how far from an actual beach.
No I wasnt able to tell Jason woody because I dont have his information. But if you ever see him, let him know. Maybe I can write Mckenna to tell him. I haven't written anybody for a while.
You dont have to send the general conference talks, because we get the Ensign every month. Entonce no se precupe. And we can order the bible from the mission office, but I dont know if I want one right now. I got my set all marked up already.
Wow Granpas birthday huh? Make sure to give them a special birthday shout out from me. I cant send them a letter for another month. Oh yea, and I left all my letters in a box in puerto rico because I didnt have weight in my bags, and I thought I had their address in my book, but I dont, so what is it? Also could you tell me when everyones birthdays are? I have a horrible memory. Even everyone in our family. Thanks.
Elder Harvey is from Logan Utah. he is great, we really get along. We have been in the mission for the exact amount of time. He is from my group.
Missionaries usually stay in Antigua for 6 months, but it just depends where they need us. I would be willing to stay for that long, I love it.
Ok, the craziest thing I saw this week, give me a minute. Well we were walking down this road behins this guy, then he looked behind, saw us, then spotted up on the wall and just started peeing. People are crazy here. They just walk around in their underwear in the middle of the street, men and woman. I dont understand it, but its just a different culture. The funniest thing, hmm, I should really write these things down as they happen, I will start doing that. But one funny thing that happened this week was we were walking down a pretty busy road, and this car just stopped and rolled down his window, causing traffic to stop. and said, "hey you jehovas witnesses?" We said "no, but we are from the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints, Have you ever haerd of that church?" Then he said, "Never heard of it in my life!" and drove off angry. It was pretty random, and we just started laughing. Oh yea, yesterday we were walking in the road, and three old men where behind us walking, then one of them said, "hey der be two of dem and tree of us, we should rob dem boy!" Then another one said, "Tall boy, we dont rob people!" Haha, here we are in the street, broad daylight, and these old men are considering robbing us, and just talking about it with no secretness. I guess they thought we dont understand Dialect or something. But it was extremely funny. It is also pretty funny to see dem goofy tourists coming into town. Right now most of them are from England, so they are just extremely sunburned. And if they aint, if they just flew in, then they are so white they almost glow. It is always weird for us to see white people.
Well anyways, I will write down some stuff during the week to share with you. I hope you are doing great. Mom, have an awesome trip. I want you all to know that I love you very much, and I am very thankful for our family. You guys tried so hard to teach me what was right when I was younger, stroke by stroke until now look at me, I am a beautiful work of art! haha. But really, I love you and am grateful.



Love your son, Elder Hardy

No comments: