Sunday, November 1, 2009

October 25, 2009

Hey!
How is my family doing? Glad to hear everyone survived Jakes birthday. Tell him happy birthday for me now. Cant believe he is 4, thats nuts. Ok, larry go means lets go. Dialect is strange, but we are picking it up ok. Well this week has been pretty good. Rosy didnt come to church, so we got to teach her and find out what is going on and just move the date back for a while, dont know when. But we started teaching a members wife who has a date for the 31 of october. He served a mission and is a counselor in the branch, brother Roberts. He is way nice, been off his mission for a little bit, married a nonmember and she has been coming to church for a year. Just recently she has started showing signs of interest. Before she didnt want the missionaries coming over at all, but now we are pretty good friends. She has really opened up too us. Last night we taught the plan of salvation, and she said with a very sincere voice when we were talking about the celestial kingdom, "I hope I go there." She had some doubts last week, but last night she was really open and it seems like a go. She is just afraid of change, she was hardcore pentacostal before, but they are excited to eventually get married in the temple. We also set a date with a lady yesterday, Andree, she is very sincere as well. we werent able to get a member to come out with us the day before, so we pushed it back a day, then the next day we couldnt get one either. So when we showed up, we told her we couldnt come in because we didnt have a man again, and she said its ok, I got a man to come over. She really wanted to hear our message. Her friend was actaully ruining the lesson, but she was way sweet, he was arguing something, and then she just said, "No if I know this book is true then I leave the lutherin church and join the true church." I was way excited, she understood. So her date if for the 21 of november.
hey they moved zone conference to the 5 of november, so you actually need to send it like the 29th of october, but dont worry about the eccos, just find some nice comfortable brown shoes. Anything is better than what they have here.
I havent got Island fever because even a tiny island seems really big when you are on foot. We cant cover a hundred square miles, so the island still seems huge. but next pday the Normans are taking us on an island tour, so that will be fun. get to see some beautiful beaches. Usually on pday the elders here have just slept for 4 hours. But last week we bought a basketball, so we are going to start playing that, and mixed with cricket it will keep us busy. We have also heard about a zip line that goes through the rain forest so we are going to ask president if we can do that.
That is great you are keeping the quad in service, that and snowboarding and wakeboarding are the only worldy things that I miss. I course I miss my family, that goes with out saying.
I can not believe I have been out a year. It is very strange, I feel very experienced so I feel like the mission is my whole life and there was no life before. So in that sense it feels long, but is seems like yesterday that i was in the MTC saying good bye to you. I only have 8 more transfers, THAT IS NOTHING! I cant believe it. I hear the second year goes by faster. It is kind of scary.
I did know someone named camaron cox. I wasnt friends with him, but i just knew him. So maybe it is the same one, but he aint my buddy or anything. That is a bummer lance got his nice bike stolen. I wont have to buy a bike in puerto rico because they ahve so many left over from Elders who have finished.
Hey well you have a great week, I love you so much and miss you. Keep the faith in the Lord and everything will work out.



Love Elder Hardy

No comments: