Friday, April 24, 2009

April 22, 2009

Como Estan?
Que hay! How is everything? I hope your knee is ok mom, you will be in my prayers. Well I thought transfers was this week, but it is next week, sorry. So write me before next tuesday. But yea, I would be surprised if I dont get tranfered.
It sounds like your lives are all great. wow you all are lucky to have listened to Brook White again.
That is funny that Mr. Davis is going to be a principal, he is the coolest! I hope those kids are ready.
Yea that would be pretty funny to see the faces of Brother Grovers class if I spoke Puerto Rican Spanish to them. It is definitely something different.
To work with the members we do what are called lightning visits. We go to their house, offer ourselves for service, and leave with a prayer. It is a good way to get less actives more active, because they feel the spirit while we are there, and they feel it leave. So it helps them to go to church and feel that spirit.
Wow, I dont think a ward is allowed to have two Hardy families. They wont know what to do. That is cool you guys get to go to the campout togoether.
Well last week we went to El Morro again, that is the army fort in pirates of the Carribean. It was SWEET! Because this time we forked out 3 bucks and went inside the castle. It was super fun, we had a bunch or missionaries. You will see some of our adventure in a week when I send my card.
One cool thing that I found out is that Oscar De la Joya lives in our area. Yea Guaynabo is rich. Also I found out that Tim Duncan is from one of the Islands in our mission, St Croix (I think thats how you spell it)
We went to the Pueblo in Rio Piedras, and I finally bought some shoes. My other ones were getting pretty bad. Everytime it rains, the whole in the bottom of my shoe just sucks the water right up. I cant believe I wore a hole in the shoes in just 4 months. Do you think we walk alot? but the new shoes are decent. Every store we went to had the same shoes, and they are all not very good. All of them are made out of fake crocodile or snake skin, and the toes are stretched out a good 2 to 4 inches than a normal shoe. but I managed to find some semi normal shoes. We will see how long they last me, the were only 25 dollars.
One funny thing about Puerto Rico is that they dont have very big yards, so there is a lot of crazy things on their roofs. For example one of our investigators has a pool ontop of her roof. And we arent talking about those little blow up baby pools. It is a BIG POOL. you will see, I took a picture. Also the other day I saw a swing set on top of someone's house! HAHA! That is just not safe, I dont know what they were thinkning.
Well good news on Rosa, she is getting baptized this SUNDAY!!! It was a really cool story. She was a jehovahs witness before, so she was struggling with the fact that we dont talk or pray to jehovah. We showed her a bunch of scriptures that Christ was the God of the Old testament, but she could just not change. She prayed, and just still couldt not believe it. Then we went over again, showed her more scriptures, still nothing, and as we were looking for more scriptures at her house, she just opened the Book of Mormon and started reading aloud. Well I dont think it was by chance that she started Reading Mormon Chapter 9, it is one of my favorite chapters, and it is super powerful. Well about half way through she just started bawling, and said a prayer out loud, thanking God for her answer. Then she told us that she has never felt the spirit so strong, and that she knows the Book of Mormon is true, and that Christ was Jehovah.
Then I told her that if she wanted to feel this spirit with her all the time, every second of every day, she needs to be baptized with the authority of God. She immediately said, "When can I be baptized." So the baptism will be Sunday. She is really excited, and she has a strong testimony.
It just shows you the power of the Book of Mormon and Holy Ghost. We didnt do anything, it was the Holy Ghost.
Well I love you all very much, keep being good examples to all those around you, and keep striving to be more Christ like.


Love Elder Hardy

No comments: