Wednesday, November 5, 2008

October 30, 2008

Dear Family,

Hola. Como estas? Everything is great in the MTC. I have learned so much this pst week. It seems like I've been here for a month. The MTC is awesome. The spirit is so strong here. I love it! And yest, I am going to the Dominican Republic MTC on November 13. Ha ha, sorry for writing the P.S. I know leaving the country is kind of a big deal. But the first night we got here, we met with our branch president and he said, "Oh, our Puerto Rican missionaries, so you go to the Dominican Republic in 2 1/2 weeks, huh?" And me and my companion looked at each other, and both had looks of question and shock. Anyways, we went to the travel office the next day to make sure, and by the time I found out we were leaving for sure, I had alrady written you guys, so I just thought a little P.S. on there. Didn't mean to cause stress in your life. But me and my companion, Elder Radmall are really excited to to to the DR MTC. It will help me learn the language really fast not being able to speak English. I'm sure it will be stressful and frustrating, but oh well. I 'm picking up Spanish pretty well right now. I can pray and bear my testimony en espanol.

Last night was amazing! We had our first devotional. We were singing true to the Faith, when all of a sudden everyone stood up, and I see Elder L. Tom Perry walk in the door. Right once I saw him the spirit just hit me so hard. I almost started crying. My eyes started watering, and my voice got all choked up. The spirit is so strong with apostles. It was a major testimony buklder for me. The spirit bore witness to me that this was an spostle of the Lord, and that he really is a special witness of Jesus Christ. It's intersting because after that today we went to the temple, and I started noticing all the symbols of apostles and prophets, and the importance of them on this earth, and I also just read a sweet scripture on apostles in my daily study. I am very grateful for these experiences in helping build my testimony. I know that we really do have apostles and prophets on this earth who receive revelation for us and give us counsel from the Lord.

Yo se que JesusCristo es mi salvador y murio por me, ye yo se que Jesucristo pago el pecro por mi pecados. Yo se que el libro de Mormon es verdudero y de dios. Yo se que Jose Smith fue un profeta de dios, y Tomas S. Monson es un profeta viviente. Yo se que dios es nuestro padre celestial y nost ama. En el nobre de Jesucristo. Amen.

Love, Elder Hardy

No comments: